Manually upgrade the DSS package to 0.3.0 from 0.2.0
DSS 0.3 requires DC/OS 1.12 or higher, but DSS 0.2 only works for 1.11. Therefore, to upgrade from DSS 0.2 to DSS 0.3, you will also need to upgrade DC/OS.
Since there are some breaking changes between DSS 0.2 and DSS 0.3, please follow the following steps to upgrade:
- Remove DSS created volumes and volume providers from all agents in the cluster.
- Uninstall DSS.
- Remove volume, volume providers, and related assets from Zookeeper.
- For every agent, do the followings:
- Stop the agent.
- Kill all CSI plugin processes (i.e.,
$ pkill csilvm && pkill devices-plugin
- Remove files under Mesos resource provider configuration directory.
$ rm /opt/mesosphere/etc/mesos/resource-providers/*
- Remove checkpointed CSI volume state.
$ rm -r /var/lib/mesos/slave/csi/
- Remove the latest symlink for the agent.
$ rm /var/lib/mesos/slave/slaves/latest
- Upgrade DC/OS to 1.12.
- Install DSS 0.3.
- Follow steps to install device providers on desired nodes.