Release Notes for Beta DC/OS Storage Service version 0.4.0
- This version of the DC/OS Storage Service requires DC/OS version 1.12 or later.
- Local volume provider support for LVM2-backed RAID1 storage. See the Volume plugins documentation for details.
- Added the
--allflag for the
listaction of storage CLI sub-commands
--timeoutflag, added to all storage CLI sub-commands, limits the time that the CLI waits for a storage service response.
- Improved error reporting for storage CLI sub-commands.
- Improved interoperability with other DC/OS CLI sub-commands.
- Emitted statsd metrics use
.as a sub-label separator.
- Additional metrics for previously untracked Mesos API interactions.
- Increased verbosity for debug logging in the RPC layer.
- Support for performance diagnosis at run-time.
- Configurable CPU, memory, and disk resource usage for the DC/OS Storage Service itself.
- Improvements to Mesos offer handling to improve throughput and reduce offer contention.
- Documentation corrections and enhancements.
- Various other bug fixes.
DC/OS Storage Service is currently in Beta and has the following known limitations.
- Only local volume storage is currently supported.
- Volume profile deactivation is not supported.
- Removing the devices provider from a node is not supported.
- Automated upgrades of a running DC/OS Storage Service on an existing cluster are not yet supported.
- The service must be deployed in a DC/OS cluster running in
strictsecurity mode when configured with a service account and corresponding secret.
DC/OS Storage Service is currently in Beta and has the following known bugs.
- Local volume creation will fail if the volume provider name is too long.
- Local volume removal can hang indefinitely.
devicesprovider plugin does not witness new or removed devices on the agent until the agent is restarted.
- Multiple storage providers with the same name can be created, but only uniquely named providers are listed.
dcos storageCLI sub-commands may fail with a gateway timeout error, but still complete successfully in the background.