Breaking Changes from 1.x
- DC/OS Kubernetes
2.4.6-1.15.6requires DC/OS 1.12.
- DC/OS Kubernetes
2.4.6-1.15.6introduces breaking changes to the way the package works and is deployed. Therefore, it is not possible to upgrade an existing installation of DC/OS Kubernetes 1.x to
- Before installing
kubernetespackage must be installed and running.
- It is no longer possible to install DC/OS Kubernetes on DC/OS Enterprise without specifying a service account and a service account secret with adequate permissions.
- Package options have been renamed and re-organized.
control_plane_reserved_resourcescontains the combined resources from previous
control_plane_diskwere moved to under this group.
- Kubernetes 1.15.6
- Calico 3.10.1
- CoreDNS v1.6.5
- Add option to enable AlwaysPullImages Kubernetes admission controller. See Admission Controllers for more details.
- Add option to enable Kubernetes secret encryption. See Kubernetes secret encryption for more details.
- Update Debian base container images to version stable-20191118-slim.
- Remove timeout option from
dcos kubernetes cluster updatecommand. Now you need to check the status of deployment plan after initiating a package options update or a package version update. Use
dcos kubernetes cluster debug plan show deployto check when the update operation finished. This is in line with other DC/OS frameworks behavior.
- Add node controller from calico/kube-controllers that watches for the removal of Kubernetes nodes and removes corresponding data from Calico.
- Fix a bug where sometimes a Kubernetes pod is assigned an IP from a calico-node. Changes the default Calico CNI plugin from host-local to calico-ipam. When upgrading to this MKE version installing the mandatory-addons will take longer since it has to ensure Calico deployment finishes upgrading to calico-ipam before proceeding.
- Add instructions to install Gatekeeper and how to use it as a replacement for Kubernetes PodSecurity policies.
Known issues and limitations are listed in the Limitations page.
See Changelog for a list of all changes.