You can create scheduled jobs in DC/OS without installing a separate service. Create and administer jobs in the DC/OS web interface, the DC/OS CLI, or via an API.
Note: The Jobs functionality of DC/OS is provided by the DC/OS Jobs (Metronome) component, an open source Mesos framework that comes pre-installed with DC/OS. You may sometimes see the Jobs functionality referred to as “Metronome” in the logs, and the service endpoint is
You can create a job as a single command you include when you create the job, or you can point to a Docker image.
When you create your job, you can specify:
- The amount of CPU your job will consume.
- The amount of memory your job will consume.
- The disk space your job will consume.
- The schedule for your job, in cron format. You can also set the time zone and starting deadline.
- An arbitrary number of labels to attach to your job.
- Permissions for your job.
You can create and administer jobs in the DC/OS web interface, from the DC/OS CLI, or via the API.…Read More
These examples provide common usage scenarios for jobs.…Read More
Granting Access to Jobs
You can implement fine-grained user access to jobs by using either the DC/OS GUI or the API. The Metronome permissions allow you to restrict a user’s access to jobs on either a per job or a per job group basis. This section walks you through the steps to accomplish this.…Read More