DC/OS 1.11.5 was released on September 12, 2018.
Notable Changes in DC/OS 1.11.5
DC/OS 1.11.5 includes the following components:
Apache Mesos 1.5.x change log.
Marathon 1.6.544 change log.
Metronome 0.4.3 change log.
DCOS-38342 - Documentation: Rename advanced installation to production installation.
- Addressing deadlock issues when SSL sockets are simultaneously sending/receiving data and buffers are full.
- Marathon will not launch if the first DC/OS Master is down.
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.5
- COPS-3051/DCOS-39662 - Fix deployment state in Marathon-LB debug page.
- COPS-3573/DCOS-39720 - Enable service endpoints on UCR.
- DCOS-21049 - Add
dcos:secrets:list:default:/secret permission to access DC/OS UI.
- DCOS-38595 - Fix display error messages in framework configuration form.
- DCOS-39877 - Remove flickering filter issue in tasks view.
- DCOS-40523 - Enable empty environment variables reducer to support empty values.
- DCOS-40577 - Fix dashboard permissions and node tab with correct ACLs for users (non-super users and remote users).
- DCOS_OSS-3801 - Add support for Docker parameters in Metronome jobs.
- Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.19.0. Open Source
- Update DC/OS UI for 1.11+v1.19.0+1c67f4b5. Enterprise
- COPS-3505/MARATHON-8326 - Add
wipe=truesupport for pod’s instances endpoint to automatically drain and decomission agent nodes.
- MARATHON-7568 - Prevent ZK credentials leak in /v2/info.
- MARATHON-8084 - Clean up Marathon API POST header.
- MARATHON-8368 - Fix offer rejection statistics error when maintenance mode is enabled.
- COPS-3616/DCOS-39973/DCOS-40162 - Fix container launch failures that occurred due to Mesos-bridge running out of IPs.
- COPS-3750/DCOS-41224 - Fix for UCR container cleanup
EBUSYissue, which restarts EdgeLB tasks.
- DCOS-38225 - Prevent task loss by fixing error handling failures of Mesos-IAM interaction. Enterprise
- DCOS-40410 - Bump Mesos to nightly 1.5.x eacabd7.
- COPS-3279/COPS-3576/DCOS-37703/DCOS-39721 - Fix erroneous values in service addresses stats. Bump dcos-net.
- COPS-3472/DCOS-38932 - Enable access to Marathon app via overlap network.
- COPS-3520/DCOS-39999 - Fix DC/OS OSS build failure that occurred due to segmentation violation.
- DCOS-39707 - Fix clustering issues with
- DCOS_OSS-3697 - Fix connectivity issue between bridge and overlay networks.
- DCOS_OSS-3841 - Update CNI plugin versions to v0.7.1.
- COPS-3568/DCOS-39883 - Add permissions to
dcos_diagnostics_masterto read marathon state.
- DCOS-22194 - Fix
dcos-metricspkgpanda build to utilize Docker.
- DCOS-37454 - Fix Prometheus inconsistent output with stored metrics.
- COPS-2988 - Provide access permissions with full capabilities to the user.
- COPS-3195 - Fix cluster authentication issues running in strict mode and issues arising from transient errors in the
- COPS-3485/DCOS_OSS-3937 - Prevent loss of ZK myid configuration file by recreating the deleted myid configuration file and restarting exhibitor
- DCOS-38655 - Force all login requests through Admin Router.
- DCOS-39259 - Add error handling for
StartTLSin case of socket failure.
- DCOS-39260 - Fix LDAP login failure after upgrade from 1.11.1 to 1.11.3.
- DCOS_OSS-3932 - Update Java version from 8u151 to 8u181.
- DCOS-39891 - Add a new permission to
dcos_diagnostics_masterservice account user during bootstrap.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds. Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service.
- Enhanced data security. Enterprise
- Updated data services.
Provide feedback on the new features and services at: support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission node - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage “spot” cloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled in the config.yaml file when installing DC/OS. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.