v1.2.0 - Released June 22, 2020
Document Modified Date: June 22, 2020
This document describes the new features, caveats, and resolved issues of D2iQ Dispatch.
- Release notes are sometimes updated with new information about restrictions and caveats. Please see https://docs.d2iq.com/ksphere/dispatch/ for the latest version of the D2iQ Dispatch release-notes.
Installation and Upgrades
To install Dispatch, follow one of the two options below:
konvoy initand then update the
Upgrade: Update the
- Update the following example snippet from
cluster.yamlto upgrade from Dispatch v1.1.0 to 1.2.0.
- configRepository: https://github.com/mesosphere/kubeaddons-dispatch configVersion: stable-1.16-1.1.0 addonsList: - name: dispatch enabled: false
It should read:
- configRepository: https://github.com/mesosphere/kubeaddons-dispatch configVersion: stable-1.16-1.2.0 addonsList: - name: dispatch enabled: true
- Apply the configuration to install/upgrade Dispatch to the Konvoy cluster.
- Verify that the installation/upgrade is successful.
helm test dispatch-kubeaddons
Improvements since v1.1.0
- Bitbucket Server and Cloud are now supported for code repositories.
- Added support for scheduled builds using cron.
- Dispatch pipelines can now leverage Buildkit to create images.
- GitOps repositories can now be configured to auto-merge pull-requests to automatically trigger deployment.
- Added support for the local runner to test unstaged (default behavior) AND untracked (using
--untracked flag) changes in user’s working directory.
- Enabled garbage collection of Task and Pipeline resources. Previously only PipelineRun, TaskRun, and PipelineResource objects were garbage collected.
dispatch login dockercommand now accepts
--passwordflags to create basic-auth secrets to store docker credentials.
- The report-status task has been extracted into a controller.
- Added new metrics to distinguish user pipelines from system ones like
- Added support for chatops arguments as
- Added support for matching source and target branches for pull requests in Dispatchfile.
- Upgraded ArgoCD and ArgoCD CLI to v1.5.7.
- Added a tutorial for using upstream ArgoCD CLI with Dispatch.
dispatch gitops app waitcommand to enable ArgoCD to wait for ongoing application sync operations to finish.
- Updated Dispatchfile frontend language Starlark to 0.6.
- Updated Dispatchfile frontend language CUE to 0.4.
- GUI now verifies repository secrets prior to saving them.
- EXPERIMENTAL Starlark standard libraries 0.0.6 released via the Dispatch Catalog.
--docker-config-pathflag of CLI command
dispatch login dockernow creates one or more basic-auth secrets instead of dockerconfigjson secrets as earlier. This only affects workflow if these secrets are used outside of Tekton pipelines.
--insecure-skip-tls-verifyflags of CLI command
dispatch ci run remotehave been removed.
--secretflag of CLI command
dispatch ci run localhas been removed.
--git-prefixflag of CLI commands
dispatch login github,
dispatch login gitlaband
dispatch login gitis deprecated and replaced by
--secretflag of CLI command
dispatch ci run remoteis deprecated and replaced by
branchesfield of pull request conditions in Dispatchfile is deprecated and replaced by
- Fixed incorrect population of dashboard-url for generate-pipeline manifests.
- Fixed the report-status task to set --insecure-skip-tls-verify from environment.
- Protect artifacts from being overwritten by user defined tasks using internal (MinIO) storage.
- Ignore branch deletion events from GitHub.
- Bumped KIND version used by the local runner to 0.7.0. This fixes a bug where some older versions of KIND CLI were unable to delete the KIND clusters created by the local runner.
- Fixed PipelineValidationFailed error when some task result variables are not present in Dispatchfile.